Are you ready to land a silver king? Set out on a heart-pounding adventure with our Tarpon Fishing Charter in the breathtaking waters of the Florida Keys. Your day will be filled with excitement as we navigate off the coasts of Marathon, Key West, Key Largo, and/or Miami, Florida, targeting the iconic and powerful tarpon.
Our expert guides will lead you to prime fishing grounds, providing insights into the habits and behaviors of these awe-striking fish so you can increase your chance of a monster catch! Get ready for heart-pounding strikes, epic battles, and the chance to reel in the trophy tarpon of your dreams in the beautiful Florida Keys. Sundance Sportfishing charters offer:
- Top-notch gear to hook and reel a prize-worthy tarpon
- Expert guidance to help you find and catch a silver king
- Morning, mid-day, or evening trips to fit your schedule
- A fight to see who’s tougher: you or one of the world's most popular game fish
Book your charter with Sundance Sportfishing for a thrilling and rewarding pursuit of one of the most prized catches in the Florida Keys!
Fast Facts to Know About Tarpon Before Casting Your Line
Planning a trip on the water to catch a tarpon? Here are a few quick facts you may be interested in. Don’t worry, these facts aren’t essential information, but understanding them could get you one step closer to a prize-worthy tarpon!
Dive into the world of tarpon with these fascinating facts:
- Tarpon are often referred to as the silver king because of their large size and shiny silver scales.
- It’s not uncommon for adult-size tarpon to reach lengths of 4 to 8 feet and weigh anywhere from 60 to over 280 pounds.
- Because tarpon primarily feed on fish, live bait such as mullet, crabs, and threadfin herring are popular bait choices.
- Many anglers practice catch-and-release and minimize the time that the fish is out of the water when tarpon fishing to contribute to the conservation of this species.
- Tarpon can be caught using various techniques, including live bait fishing, fly fishing, and sight casting.
- Because of their size and strength, using heavy tackle and sturdy equipment is essential on a tarpon fishing trip.
Here’s a Glimpse at What It’s Like to Hook a Tarpon
If you’re in the market for the ideal sportfishing trip, catching a tarpon is one of the best challenges you can take on! The moment a tarpon takes the bait, be prepared for a battle with one of the ocean's most powerful and energetic game fish.
The initial strike will be explosive and send shockwaves through your arms as the tarpon makes an intense run, often leaping out of the water in a breathtaking display of strength and agility. You’ll be required to skillfully navigate the relentless surges and jumps while keeping the tension on the line and adjusting to the unpredictable movements of the tarpon. Each jump and tail-walk adds to the intensity of the encounter by testing your skill and endurance.
The battle will soon be over when your massive silver king is brought to the boat. You’ll be able to see the awesome fish up close and personal. And the picture we capture of you, silver king in hand, will impress anyone who sees it! Here’s a quick recap of what it’s like to catch a tarpon:
- An electrifying strike as soon as the tarpon finds your bait
- A battle between you and an incredibly powerful fish
- A test of your skill, endurance, and strength
- A memory you will never forget!
Does this sound like a sportfishing experience you’re ready for? Book a silver king fishing charter, with Sundance Sportfishing today!
Thinking About a Day of Tarpon Fishing with Sundance Sportfishing? Here’s What You Need to Bring
Sundance Sportfishing guarantees a seamless and well-equipped experience for all tarpon fishing charters. We provide a diverse selection of premium bait to entice and hook these magnificent silver kings — and don’t worry, we’ll also share what bait to use and when so you get the best results. Our charters also come fully fueled and ready to navigate the prime tarpon fishing grounds, so you can have a hassle-free and exciting trip!
You'll have access to top-of-the-line fishing equipment, perfect for a successful tarpon fishing adventure. You don’t have to worry about getting a fishing license — we’ve got that covered. However, if you’re planning on booking a charter with us, we recommend you bring the following:
- Food and drinks
- Hat, gator, and UPF clothing
- Sunglasses (polarized is a plus)
- Camera (waterproof if possible)
- Other personal items for a day out on the water